‘Volunteers wanted for Voice of BME Trafford’
We are based at Oakland House (Ground Floor East), Talbot Road, Old Trafford, M16 0PQ. Our aim is to give a voice to BME communities in Trafford to address inequalities and improve life opportunities in: Education, Housing, Health, Business, Politics and Leisure.
- Organising events and outreach projects ie; booking rooms, venues, ordering refreshments and photocopying, delivering leaflets, meeting and greeting visitors and delegates to events.
- Office work such as: filing, covering the phones, taking notes at meetings, handling email enquiries, preparation of publicity, updating the membership lists, re-organising and updating electronic files etc.
- Help with invitations i.e. by letter and email to meetings and events.
- Liaising with other community groups and organisations in Trafford.
- Updating the VBMET websites and assisting with queries on social media networks.
- Writing articles for and promoting the VBMET Newsletter.
Reasons to get involved
- Your new skills and experience will help enhance your CV.
- You will get a reference.
- You will be joining an established and highly respected organisation.
- You will receive training and support from the Volunteer Co-ordinator.
- You will meet new people.
- You will develop skills and qualities that will be useful in other areas of your life.
- You will be making a difference to the lives of Trafford residents.
- You will be reimbursed for out-of-pocket expenses.
If you have time to spare, come to our office on Thursday from 1:00 pm to 2:30 pm.
VBME-T Voice of BME – Trafford, Oakland House (Ground Floor East), Talbot Road, Old Trafford, M16 0PQ
To book a place, please phone +44 (0)161 848 7018 or email: email@example.com.