Voice of BME Trafford (VBME-T) was set up in 2006, with an official launch on 16th February 2007. From the very early days to the present time we have built up a membership of over a hundred people from the BME communities in Trafford.
‘VBME-T plays a strategic role in Trafford’
We are members of the Trafford Partnership, Trafford Mental Health Forum, Trafford Volunteer Managers Group, BME Social Inclusion Partnership, Joint Strategic Needs Assessment, Blue Sci Grants Panel. Our Strategic role involves putting BME residents of Trafford directly in touch with service providers and professionals from partner organisations such as Trafford Council, Trafford NHS and Trafford Housing Trust.
The aim of VBME-Trafford is ‘to give a voice to the BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) communities in Trafford and improve their participation and representation at all decision-making levels across the borough, in order to address the inequalities experienced by BME people and improve their life opportunities in every sphere i.e. education, housing, health, business, community, politics and leisure.’
We endeavour to achieve these aims through the following ways:
- To provide an effective voice for the BME voluntary and community sector to influence policy makers via accountable representation and coordinated responses to consultation.
- To build relationships, trust and co-operation in the BME communities in Trafford.
- To promote communication, the sharing of good practice, peer support and partnership working through meetings, events, seminars, conferences and publications.
- To provide leadership for the BME voluntary and community sector organizations.
- To deliver capacity building support to improve the efficiency, effectiveness and quality of voluntary and community sector organizations.
- Undertake activities to address issues affecting the BME communities in Trafford.
Voice of BME-Trafford is now registered as a Community Interest Company(Registration Number 9494026). Directors of the Organisation:
|Chair||Nasrullah Khan Moghal MBE|
|Company Secretary & Treasurer||Leslie Bell|